The Hamlets has been providing residential care throughout British Columbia and Alberta since 1989. Nearly 1,000 residents in British Columbia and Alberta call The Hamlets home, with our focus on helping them live life to the fullest.
In Penticton, we have over 100 team members across all disciplines caring for and providing services to over 140 residents in long-term care and assisted living. Every team member plays an important role in caring for our residents, by providing a friendly and professional environment.
The Hamlets has developed innovative Communities of Care, with the goal of providing care homes that have a home-like environment for our residents.
Our team members are considered part of a family. They are viewed as extremely valuable and an integral part of what makes The Hamlets who we are. At the Hamlets, we strive to provide our team members with a strong work/life balance, ensuring they have the opportunity to enjoy what the Okanagan Valley has to offer. Natural beauty, extraordinary food and drink, artistic and creative and creative brilliance – so much of what is best in life is close by.
We have an opening for a part-time Dietitian (18.5 hours weekly). Hours of work to be discussed on hire.
Attributes and Qualifications
- Registered in good standing with the College of Dieticians of BC.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with residents, families, staff and others.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively teach residents and staff.
- Possess the personality and temperament to respect the dignity and individuality of each resident.
- Must be able to deal with residents and their relatives in a manner, which demonstrates tact, empathy and patience;
- Experience as a consultant dietitian is preferred.
The Hamlets Penticton thanks all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Catherine.email@example.com