Health Care Aide
HEALTH CARE AIDE
We’re looking for new members to join our team!
This is Us
The Hamlets has been providing residential care throughout British Columbia and Alberta since 1989. We have over 100 team members across all disciplines caring for and providing services to over 140 residents in long-term care and assisted living.
The Hamlets has developed innovative Communities of Care, with the goal to provide care homes that have a home-like environment for our residents. Nearly 1,000 residents in British Columbia and Alberta call The Hamlets home, with our focus on helping them live life to the fullest.
Our team members are considered part of a family. They are viewed as extremely valuable and an integral part of what makes The Hamlets who we are. Every team member plays an important role in caring for our residents, by providing a friendly and professional environment. At the Hamlets, we strive to provide our team members with a strong work/life balance, ensuring they have the opportunity to enjoy what the Okanagan Valley has to offer. Natural beauty, extraordinary food and drink, artistic and creative and creative brilliance – so much of what is best in life is close by.
This is You
You went into healthcare because you want to make a positive impact in the day to day lives of the people to whom you provide care. You work well independently but like to be part of a multidisciplinary team. You believe in open, positive communication and in contributing to make your place of work great. You enjoy the variety that working with people brings to your workday.
This is the Opportunity
We have openings for full time and casual registered care aides. Day and evening lines available. 100% employer paid benefit plan, including RSP, available based upon employment status.
Attributes and Qualifications
- Focused on person-centred care and driven to create moments of joy for our residents
- Demonstrated ability to work well as a member of a team
- Good health and the physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Graduation from an accredited Care Aide Program and registered through the BC Care
- Aide Registry
- Must have and maintain WHMIS and Food Safe certifications
- Geriatric or adult acquired brain injury experience preferred
- Ability to provide acceptable background checks including criminal record check-vulnerable sector.
The Hamlets Penticton thanks all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Casual
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org