We’re looking for new members to join our team!
The Hamlets has been providing residential care throughout British Columbia and Alberta since 1989. We have over 100 team members across all disciplines caring for and providing services to over 140 residents in long-term care and assisted living.
The Hamlets has developed innovative Communities of Care, with the goal to provide care homes that have a home-like environment for our residents. Nearly 1,000 residents in British Columbia and Alberta call The Hamlets home, with our focus on helping them live life to the fullest.
Our team members are considered part of a family. They are viewed as extremely valuable and an integral part of what makes The Hamlets who we are. Every team member plays an important role in caring for our residents, by providing a friendly and professional environment. At the Hamlets, we strive to provide our team members with a strong work/life balance, ensuring they have the opportunity to enjoy what the Okanagan Valley has to offer. Natural beauty, extraordinary food and drink, artistic and creative and creative brilliance – so much of what is best in life is close by.
The Hamlets at Penticton is looking for unique individuals who are self-motivated, creative, and outgoing to be part of our Team!
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, our Recreation Assistants work as part of our long term and assisted living teams to ensure that residents enjoy the highest possible quality of life at all times.
We are looking for team members who have:
- Graduated from an approved Therapeutic Recreation program;
- One year’s previous experience in geriatrics and/or long-term care preferred;
- WHMIS; Foodsafe;
- Criminal record clearance;
- Ongoing current CPR and First Aid certification;
- Moderate ability with Skype, Facetime, Zoom;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English;
- Must demonstrate concern and interest in providing quality care to residents and be able to stimulate resident’s interest in the recreation programs;
- Must be able to establish and maintain harmonious relations with residents/clients and their families, volunteers and other staff;
- Ability to be tactful and diplomatic with residents, resident families and staff;
- Ability to empathize and facilitate problem-solving;
- Ability to work independently and interdependently as a team member;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Moderate computer skills Must have experience in recreation programming with the target population, experience with other populations would be an asset and are recognized as a “good fit” with the organization and its philosophy of care;
- Must be creative and flexible in carrying out recreation programs;
- Must be organized and have the ability to multi-task;
- Must be in good health and have the physical capabilities that are compatible with walking, bending, lifting residents, moving recreation equipment and furniture and assisting residents to sit, stand or walk.
- Class 4 Driver’s License.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply today to Catherine.email@example.com
To listen to a live presentation February 28th, 2022 at 10:00am and learn more about the above opportunity please visit; https://events.blackpress.ca/okanagan/
to register. You will receive log-in coordinates after registration to easily join the scheduled meeting.
Any questions please feel free to send a message via live chat during the presentation.