The Hamlets at Penticton is looking for unique individuals who are self-motivated, creative, and outgoing to be part of our Team!
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, our Screener works to support our team, residents and families in the enjoyment the highest possible quality of life at all times.
· Actively assess and screen staff two times during shift as per health authority recommendations. Conduct the COVID-19 screening assessment with every team member, visitor and contractor, and
· Through the assessment process, guide and coach team members, visitors and contractors in practices to ensure infection prevention and control compliance. This includes providing tools such as symptom self-assessment and hand hygiene self-assessment, review of proper use of personal protective equipment, and isolation recommendations.
· Answer questions, field inquiries, direct team members, visitors and contractors to appropriate resources (refer to information provided at orientation).
· Responsible for sanitizing screening station and keeping supplies stocked.
· Responsible for sanitizing items being brought into the home from visitors.
We are looking for team members who have:
· Grade 12 education;
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing;
· Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team and deal with residents, families and peers effectively;
· Physical and mental ability to carry out the duties of the position;
· Ability to organize and prioritize workloads;
· Ability to operate equipment related to the job efficiently and safely;
· Negative criminal record check;
· Medical clearance from a physician;
· Negative TB screen;
· Ability to use Microsoft suite at an intermediate or higher level.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.95 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place