We’re looking for new members to join our team! Immediate openings!
Competitive wages and 100% employer paid benefits provided!
Live and work in BC
The Hamlets at Penticton sits in the heart of Okanagan wine country. Come discover our abundant orchards, numerous lakes and mountains. If you love to ski, hike, swim or just float down the channel soaking up the sun, this is the place for you. Come join our team and see what the Okanagan has to offer.
This is Us
At The Hamlets, our mission is developing and operating communities of care focused on quality outcomes in a safe environment through innovation and responsiveness to the changing needs of those we serve. We are committed to the development of self esteem, self confidence and trust in a community that fosters mutual respect, trust, teamwork and open communication for everyone. We believe that individuals are inherently precious and are committed to supporting a person’s attainment of the highest physical, mental and spiritual well-being possible.
Do You Want to be Part of Our Dynamic Leadership Team?
You went into healthcare because you want to make a positive impact in the day to day lives of the people to whom you provide care. You are passionate about long term care. You have the ability to nurture a working environment that creates a strong, positive community of team members, residents and families. You are an out-of-the-box thinker. You have long term care clinical expertise with a demonstrated ability in critical thinking and leading a team in the provision of excellence in care. You also have a well developed sense of humour that helps you through the tough spots.
This is the Opportunity: Full Time RN and LPN
We have an openings for full-time and casual licensed or practical nurses. 100% employer paid benefit plan, including RSP, available based upon employment status. Assistance with relocation and licensing with BCCNP negotiable.
Attributes and Qualifications (may vary based on role)
- Ability to develop care plans under the direction of the Director of Care or designate for the physical, psychological and social care of the residents.
- Proven ability to provide direct nursing care, including administration and/or distribution of medications, medical treatments and procedures.
- Ability to direct and assist care aides in the use of appropriate procedures ensuring the provision of a high standard of resident care.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate the effectiveness of nursing care treatments and informs the Director of Care or designate and/or the resident’s physician of significant changes in the condition of any resident.
- Demonstrated proficiency with maintaining accurate records and other documentation pertinent to the performance of his/her duties.
- Ability to respond appropriately to emergencies or unusual incidents.
- Knowledge of established infection control techniques.
- Proven ability to coach and mentor team members.
- Has the temperament necessary to maintain a caring manner while demonstrating a therapeutic approach to the delivery of care.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and maintain cooperation with all levels of the team, families and residents.
- Possess the qualities and skills to act as a role model and leader to care aides and other non-professional team members;
- Ability to deal with residents and their relatives in a manner that demonstrates tact, empathy and patience.
- Exemplary customer service capabilities.
- Must maintain ongoing active CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing, college program, hospital program or university program.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Registration under the regulatory body BCCNP. Must maintain registration on an annual basis and be prepared to submit documentation.
- Previous experience in geriatrics and/or long-term care is preferred.
- Must be in good health, free from communicable diseases and physically fit to perform duties that require standing, bending and lifting residents.
The Hamlets at Penticton thanks all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Hamlets at Penticton Career Opportunities
H&H Total Care Services team members believe real happiness and joy come from caring for others. Loving care is not just one of The Hamlets Core Values; it is a guiding principle for all that we do. We hire the very best team members who have a natural serving heart and commitment to quality care for seniors. When we welcome someone to our team, they complete a thorough training program to prepare them for their role in the community. Many of our team members have served with us for a number of years, and their passion is evident through their daily interactions with our residents and teammates.
If you are interested in turning your skills into a meaningful, rewarding career with The Hamlets at Penticton, please contact the community at: email@example.com
To submit your resume, you may email us for any employment and volunteer inquiries.